Copyright is the legal process of safeguarding any form of intellectual or artistic creations from illegal imitation or usage. Grounded on the Copyright Act, 1957, the creators/producers of any original works like literature, music, cinematography, sound records, can look after their intellectual properties. Following the latest amendment, computer-related programming, content, a database can also be protected by obtaining a copyright license.
- Part A. Literary works other than computer Programs.
- Part B. Musical Works.
- Part C. Artistic Works.
- Part D. Cinematography Films.
- Part E. Sound Recording.
- Part F. Computer Programs, tables & Compilations.
- Legal Protection
- Branding or Goodwill
- After The Creators Death
- Prima Facie Evidence
- Owner publicity
- Restricts Unauthorized Reproduction
- Creation of Asset
- Public Record
- Copyright helps in establishing credibility in Market
- Global Protection
To register before the Copyright Act, some basic details of the creator like Name, Address & Nationality are mandatory.
The candidate must sign the power of attorney rightfully if you are registering copyright through any advocate or legal firm.
A candidate registering for copyright should put forward his/her work in a soft copy format in JPEG, JPG, or GIF format. Copyright registration for computer programs, database requires 4 CDs or DVDs of that particular computer programs.
For submitting copyright registration on any sort of artistic work, the applicant must get a clear copyright search certificate from the trademark office on a prior basis.
- Name, Address & Nationality of the Candidate – ID proof
- NOC from the publisher if work published and publisher is different from the applicant.
- Search Certificate from Trade Mark Office (TM -60) if any
- NOC from a person whose photograph appears on the work.
- Power of Attorney
- 2 Copies of work
- KYC of author
- DD/IPO of Rs. per work ((as applicable)
- NOC from the author if the candidate is different from the author.
Fill the form & Make the Payment
Call from a dedicated copyright expert
Experts will receive your concept details & necessary documents.
Copyright experts will file the application of your copyright
Congratulations! Your copyright is successfully applied.