What is DSC and How to Register Digital Signature at Income Tax Portal?
How to Register Digital Signature at Income Tax Portal: A Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is a digital certificate that is used to sign electronic documents and transactions digitally. It is the digital equivalent of a handwritten signature, and is used to verify the authenticity and integrity of electronic documents, messages, and transactions.
DSCs are issued by Certifying Authorities (CAs) in India, such as the Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA), which is the national root Certifying Authority for India. DSCs contain information about the holder’s name, public key, and other identifying information, which is used to verify the signature.
DSCs are commonly used in India for various purposes, including filing tax returns, signing online forms, and participating in e-tendering processes. They provide a secure way to authenticate the identity of the signer and ensure the integrity of electronic documents and transactions.
How to Register DSC at Income Tax Portal?
To register a Digital Signature Certificate at new e filing Portal in India, follow these steps: By following these steps you will be able to register dsc on new income tax portal.
- Visit the e-Filing website of the Income Tax Department at https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/
- Click on the “Login” button and enter your user ID, password, and captcha code to log in to your account.
- Once you are logged in, click on the “Profile Settings” option from the drop-down menu under your name in the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the “Register Digital Signature Certificate” option on income tax portal.
- Select the type of DSC you want to register – USB token or .pfx file.
- Upload the DSC by selecting the appropriate option – USB token or .pfx file.
- Enter the password of the DSC.
- Click on the “Submit” button to complete the registration process.
Complete process to register dsc on new income tax portal is also described by the department itself. You can also check the instructions given by the income tax portal for your dsc registration at income tax portal. Click this link for more details.
After successful registration of the DSC, it will be available for use in various services offered by the Income Tax Department, such as e-filing of income tax returns and online payment of taxes.
Note: If you want to register Digital Signature Certificate on Income Tax Portal, make sure that it is valid and issued by a trusted Certifying Authority (CA) in India. Also, ensure that the DSC is installed correctly on your computer or USB token.
Who can register dsc at new e-filing portal ?
Every business entity can register their digital signature certificate on the income tax portal.
- Partnership Firm
- Private Limited Company
- Public Limited Company
- One Person Company (OPC)
What are the Benefits of Digital Signature Certificate?
There are several benefits of using a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC), including:
Authentication: DSCs provide a high level of authentication and assurance of the signer’s identity, ensuring that the digital signature belongs to the right person or entity.
Integrity: DSCs ensure the integrity of electronic documents and transactions, making it impossible for anyone to tamper with the document or transaction without being detected.
Non-repudiation: DSCs provide non-repudiation, which means that the signer cannot deny having signed the document or transaction, as the digital signature can be traced back to the signer.
Time-saving: DSCs enable users to sign documents and transactions digitally, saving time and effort compared to traditional pen-and-paper signatures.
Cost-effective: DSCs eliminate the need for physical signatures, paper-based documentation, and in-person verification, thereby reducing costs and increasing efficiency.
Legal validity: DSCs are legally recognized and accepted in India under the Information Technology Act, 2000, and are admissible in court as evidence.
How to apply for digital signature with Legal Hub India?
- Visit the website of Legal Hub India at https://www.legalhubindia.com.
- Click on the “Digital Signature Certificate“ option in the top menu bar under “Registration & Licenses”
- Select the purpose of DSC you want to apply for – ICEGATE, Trademark, EPF, Income Tax or DGFT.
- Fill in the required details, such as your name, email address, mobile number, and other relevant information.
- Upload the required documents, such as your PAN card, Aadhaar card, and address proof.
- Make the payment for the DSC using the available payment options, such as upi, wallet, net banking, credit card, or debit card.
- After the payment is made, you will receive a confirmation email from Legal Hub India with further instructions.
- Follow the instructions to complete the verification process, which may involve providing additional documents or information.
- After the verification process is complete, your DSC will be issued and delivered to you by courier within the 3-5 days.
Note: Legal Hub India is a trusted provider of DSCs and follows all the necessary procedures and guidelines to issue valid and secure DSCs. Make sure to provide accurate and complete information while applying for the DSC, and keep your DSC and its password secure to prevent misuse.
Frequently Asked Question
Register DSC option not showing on Income Tax portal?
If you are not able to found register dsc option on new income tax portal then follow these steps. Firstly Login to your income tax account by entering your pan and the password. Now on the right top corner click on your name and then profile link. On the left side the 3rd option is for register digital signature certificate.
Download Em-signer for Income Tax Portal
Here is the link to download the income tax dsc management utility. Make sure to download this utility before installing your digital signature certificate at income tax portal.
Which DSC is required for Income Tax Portal?
You can get the simple class 3 signature digital signature certificate if you want to use on new income tax portal.