FSSAI Registration In Chandigarh
FSSAI Registration In Chandigarh –Chandigarh, known as the capital of two Indian states, Punjab and Haryana, is a vibrant city with a thriving food sector. The city attracts numerous food businesses and restaurants, making it essential for these establishments to adhere to food safety regulations. FSSAI Registration in Chandigarh plays a crucial role in ensuring the quality and safety of food products and promoting a healthy food ecosystem.
All food businesses operating in Chandigarh, regardless of their size, are required to register with the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). This registration is not only a legal requirement but also a significant step in expanding your customer base and enhancing your business reputation. The process of online registration is relatively straightforward and can be completed with ease. By obtaining FSSAI registration, you not only ensure the safety of your food products but also contribute to the growth of Chandigarh’s economy.
Benefits Of The FSSAI Registration Certificate
Obtaining the FSSAI Registration Certificate in Chandigarh offers several benefits to food businesses, including:
- Consumer Awareness: Displaying the FSSAI logo on food products and premises enhances consumer trust and awareness of the quality and safety of the products.
- Business Development: FSSAI registration opens up opportunities for business expansion, collaborations, and partnerships within the food industry in Chandigarh.
- Legal Edge: Compliance with FSSAI regulations ensures that food businesses operate within the legal framework, avoiding penalties and legal issues.
- Enhanced Client Base: FSSAI registration helps attract more customers who prioritize food safety and prefer to engage with registered businesses.
- Improved Business Image: Holding an FSSAI Registration Certificate enhances the reputation and credibility of food businesses in Chandigarh, giving them a competitive advantage.
- Online Food Product Sales: FSSAI registration is often a prerequisite for selling food products through online platforms and e-commerce websites, expanding business opportunities.
Documentation For FSSAI Registration In Chandigarh
To complete the FSSAI registration process in Chandigarh, the following documents are typically required:
- Firm or company name
- Owner, sole proprietor, partner, or director’s PAN card in soft copy
- Soft copy of Aadhaar card (individual, business, partner, or director)
- Photographs of individuals, proprietors, partners, or directors
- Email address, mobile number, and complete address with zip code
- Nature of business (wholesaler, retailer, distributor, restaurant, hotel, etc.)
Procedure For FSSAI Registration In Chandigarh
The registration process for FSSAI in Chandigarh follows these general steps:
- Submit Form A: Each small FBO needs to fill and submit Form A as per Schedule 2 of the regulations. The corresponding fee specified in Schedule 3 should be paid along with the form. Form A contains basic information about the food business operator and their business activities.
- Declaration of Compliance: Small food makers in Chandigarh must provide a self-attested document or declaration stating their compliance with the prescribed hygiene and safety norms mentioned in Part I of Schedule 4. This declaration ensures that the premises meet the necessary standards.
- Review by Registering Authority: Once the registration form and necessary documents are submitted, the Registering Authority (RA) reviews the application within seven days. The RA may approve the registration, provide written justifications for withdrawal, or issue a notification for inspection.
- Inspection and Approval: To grant registration, the RA conducts an inspection to assess the compliance of the premises with the safety, cleanliness, and sanitation requirements stated in Part II of Schedule 4. The entire registration process, including inspection and approval, usually takes around 30 days.
Types Of FSSAI Registration In Chandigarh
Based on various factors such as the annual turnover, nature of food activities, and production capacity, food business operators (FBOs) in Chandigarh can choose the appropriate type of FSSAI license to apply for. There are several sorts of licenses available:
1. Basic FSSAI Registration / Basic FSSAI Licence
For small-scale food operators and newly established businesses with an annual turnover of up to 12 lakhs, the Basic FSSAI License is required. This category is suitable for businesses like tea stalls, small snack shops, retailing firms, dhabas, and petty snack dealers. It is essential to meet the basic food safety standards and comply with the guidelines set by FSSAI. The entire registration process usually takes around 15 to 20 days.
2. FSSAI State License
Food industry operators in Chandigarh with an annual turnover of more than 12 lakhs and up to 20 crores, along with a daily production capacity of up to 2 metric tonnes, need to apply for an FSSAI State License. This license is suitable for businesses like manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, restaurants, caterers, warehouses, suppliers, etc. The registration process for the FSSAI State License typically takes 15 to 20 days to complete.
3. FSSAI Central License
If your food business in Chandigarh has an annual turnover exceeding 20 crores and a production capacity exceeding 2 metric tonnes per day, you must obtain an FSSAI Central License. Additionally, if you are an importer, or exporter, or operate an e-commerce platform related to food, this license is mandatory. FSSAI Central License applies to businesses like registered places of business in multiple states, merchant exporters, importers, and food business operators with their e-commerce platforms. The registration process for the FSSAI Central License may take around 25 to 30 days.
In conclusion, FSSAI registration is a crucial requirement for all food businesses operating in Chandigarh. It ensures the quality and safety of food products, promotes consumer confidence, and contributes to the overall growth of the food industry. By following the registration process and fulfilling the requirements, food businesses in Chandigarh can establish a strong foundation for success and compliance with food safety standards.